Bummer Peak Climb/Primal Fitness
A fun hike up Bummer Peak today at Lake Sonoma. I incorporated some moves that a "Primal Man" might make on his daily search for food. This concept/life style explained at www.marksdailyapple.com.
Here is the workout...
A 4 mile round trip brisk hike on trails to the top of Bummer Peak (primal man on an outing to gather food - he would move fast because it was raining, cold and breezy).
At intervals on the way up
- 20x squat with reach, standing on rocks in a creek (primal man catching salmon and throwing them on shore)
- 20x walking lunge (primal man crossing a stream on boulders)
- 20x steam engine standing crunch (primal man climbing a short rock wall to escape an aggressive bear)
- 20x lateral lunge with reverse reach (primal man picking wild apples and putting them in a pouch)
- 20x lateral frog squat (primal man cornering a wounded hare)
Repeat each movement on the hike down